Chestnut, Pork, Parmigiano Reggiano & Herb Stuffing
A great all-round stuffing made with the ‘King of Cheeses’.
This stuffing is absolutely delicious and easy to make, it will compliment any Christmas dinner perfectly!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
450g sausage meat
300g pork mince
25g unsalted butter
2tbsp olive oil
150g cooked chestnuts (vacuum packed), chopped
¼ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
100g fresh white breadcrumbs
Large handful of fresh flat parsley, chopped
Small handful of fresh sage leaves, chopped – plus 8 extra leaves
100g Parmigiano Reggiano*, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 egg, beaten
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
8 rashers of streaky bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F/Gas mark 4.
2. In a large bowl mix the sausage meat and pork mince and set aside.
3. In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil, add the chestnuts and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the nutmeg and allow to cool slightly and add to the pork. Now add the breadcrumbs, parsley, chopped sage, Parmigiano Reggiano, garlic, egg and season. Mix with your hands until fully combined then press into a 1kg loaf tin lined with cling film.
4. Chill for 10-15 minutes, turn out of the tin and cut into 8 rectangles. Place a sage leaf on top of each rectangles and wrap with bacon.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until the bacon is golden and stuffing is cooked.
* Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, known as the King of Cheeses, is one of the world’s oldest and richest cheeses – still produced today as it was nine centuries ago.
* A long ageing period is fundamental in building the aromas and texture of Parmigiano Reggiano. Such complexity is achieved in a totally natural way, without any additives, making Parmigiano Reggiano 100% natural, easy to digest and high in calcium.
* The minimum maturation time is at least 12 months, but only when it reaches approximately 24 months of age, is at its best. Ageing can continue up to 36 months or more, during which time the cheese develops its flavour, texture and digestibility.
* Parmigiano Reggiano is a P.D.O. product. P.D.O. products are defined and protected by European Union law in order to defend the reputation of regional foods. This mark ensures that Parmigiano Reggiano can only be produced in Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna to the west of the Reno River and Mantua to the east of the Po River.
For more information please visit https://www.parmigianoreggiano.com/english/default.aspx